With less than a month to go before the release of Black Adam, fans will soon be able to decide for themselves whether the long wait has been worth it. Speaking of fans, Dwayne Johnson has announced that he’s giving some of his “favourite Mother Canuckers” the chance to attend a special Black Adam event in Toronto that will conclude with an early screening of the movie.
The world-exclusive Black Adam fan event will consist of a special party on October 13th at Cineplex’s The Rec Room in Toronto. The event will be hosted by Strizzzy with music by DJ 4Korners, and there will be plenty of opportunities for fans to win exclusive swag and prizes.
Throughout the Black Adam event, attendees will have the chance to win:
- A trip to Los Angeles for a winner and guest (includes airfare, hotel, and tickets to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood)
- Annual Cineplex CineClub Memberships
- An evening at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto, including complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea for two
- Lower-bowl tickets to a professional hockey game in Toronto
- Lower-bowl tickets to a professional basketball game in Toronto
- An evening at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel, including complimentary cocktails
- Black Adam Under Armor prize packs
- McFarlane Toys prize packs
- Pre-paid credit cards
Jaume Collet-Serra directed Black Adam from a screenplay by Adam Sztykiel and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani. The long-belated superhero adventure stars Dwayne Johnson as Teth Adam, who was bestowed with the almight powers of the gods in ancient Kahndaq. After using these powers for vengeance, he was imprisoned, becoming Black Adam. Nearly 5,000 years have passed, and Black Adam has gone from man to myth to legend. Now released, his unique form of justice, born out of rage, is challenged by modern-day heroes who form the Justice Society: Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher and Cyclone. Related Pierce Brosnan doesn’t care who the next 007 is, didn’t like No Time to Die
Black Adam also stars Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher, Quintessa Swindell as Cyclone, and Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. Sarah Shahi, Marwan Kenzari, Mo Amer, and Bodhi Sabongui also star in the movie. Viola Davis will also be reprising her role of Amanda Waller, who she has played in Suicide Squad, The Suicide Squad, and the Peacemaker TV series.
Black Adam will hit theaters on October 21st.